Recently, I have actually met a student at William Paca Elementary School and have setup times for us to meet after school. I’m not currently working so I have the ability to spend my time volunteering in the community.
However, at the end of the year I am no longer going to be able to continue working in the community as I will no longer be able to financially support myself and be able to get involved in the Baltimore community – unless the two are somehow connected.
One of the things that I am currently trying to organize in the Baltimore community is a Baltimore City Lacrosse League – which would give the opportunity for adults in the surrounding community to give back and help teach students in Baltimore City the game of lacrosse – because when you really think about it, lacrosse is a lifetime, team-building, character building sport – and as I have seen, lacrosse is one of the growing sports and could help to grow Baltimore City Public Schools.
Patterson Park has UTZ Field, which unfortunately is not very well kept – wouldn’t it be fun to have Under Armor (a Maryland based company) to sponsor the rebuilding and rebranding of UTZ Field by the community? In order for Baltimore City Lacrosse League to succeed – they will need to have the type of facilities that would help them to succeed.
- “I am powerful beyond measure because of great teachers, and I want to convince all students of the same.” – 2010 Baltimore CityResident (baltimoreorioles.mlblogs.com)
- Superman Star Brandon Routh Cast in Native Lacrosse Film (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Lacrosse Camp for Native Youth a Big Hit (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Lacrosse Camp Reclaims History on Fort Randall (indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com)
- Baltimore City Activates Code Blue Program (baltimore.cbslocal.com)